Health Science Online
On completion of Foundations of Health Science learners will be able to:
- Identify the structure of medical terminology and recognize word roots, prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms.
- Understand that the meaning of most complex medical terms is derived by analysis of simpler components or word parts.
- Understand the terminology and fundamental concepts of basic human anatomy.
- Identify the structures of the human body – including anatomical positions, body planes, abdominopelvic quadrants, regional subdivisions, and body cavities – through concepts of organ and system structure.
- Identify the names and locations of all the major parts in each principal body system including all 206 bones of the skeletal system and the structures of the eye and the ear.
- Understand the primary functions of each principal body system.
- Complete a final test and achieve a percentage score of 70 percent or better.